December 15, 2012

Dried Shrimps with Shallots

A Dip or a Dish ?

Simple to make with simple ingredients ! I was in Penang recently patronizing some interesting drinking joints and my friend wants to have supper...Teochew porridge !... anyone ?!!

And this was served. After a long drinking session everything should be tasteless...but after 
a few serving, it seems I was only eating the porridge with this dip or dish. Hmm...this is not my first time eating this but as I recalled this was always a dip ! 


A dip which goes with barbeque pork or fish...maybe it was the beer that altered my taste bud. Let's recall this dip or dish...      



Preparation: Dried Shrimps, Shallots, Calamansi, Chilli Padi

Combined all the ingredients together, a dash of vinegar, sugar to taste and water.



You tell me !...I this A Dip or A Dish ?

Ingredients 
50g Dried Shrimps (Rinsed & fry)
50g Shallots (Chopped finely)
2pcs Chilli Padi (Chopped finely)
2tsp Calamansi
2tsp Vinegar
1tsp Sugar
5tbsp Water  

2 comments:

mycookinghut said...

Yum! I love this combo!

NyonyaChef said...

Yes, just with this I can finish the whole bowl of rice..