November 23, 2009

Nyonyachef Xplore Exotic Food

I always wonder...If one is a glutton or a food connoisseur how do you know whether the food is good or not if you have not try anything and everything that is foreign or exotic to you ?!!

In Thailand...the locals eating insects, The Philippines....duck fetus, In China..dog, snake or any/every animals with the "back facing the sky"...and much more.

We tend to look at things and commented good, delicious, Mmmm or....Yucks ! How do you know if you don't try or xplore....!

Glutton ?....Let's go to the extreme to find out how far your stomach can take it !

Dare...or...Not ! Let's xplore ! Get ready the first aid kit !

First stop...what the +x@-!#...ugly, slimy, disgusting, indecent thing


Sea Worm ?....it's only RMB 58


Second stop...something crawling out....suddenly caught my attention !


Water Bug ? Only RMB 33 for 50g....not cheap, must be a delicacy in China !!!!


Lunch is served,....Stir Fry Water Bug with Spicy Sauce ! Hehe....I actually frightened everyone in the dining room...they ran out...Glutton ?!!!


Actually it taste crunchy and tasteless ! It's the spicy sauce that gave it a boost.

You should try anything and everything the locals eat then you can be the judge of it !

17 comments:

J said...

*faints*

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

I told my 5 yr old son you were eating the waterbug. His reply: "Cool" with a wide grin!!! You just became his Hero!!!

backStreetGluttons said...

Have you caught anything still alive , warm & running and eaten it w-Hole and become stronger , and faster
,( and happier )? Then you are our true Hero
cheers & bottoms up !

NyonyaChef said...

J,

Don't faint, wake up, wake up

Tricia,

OMG, I hope I am not a bad influence to him..hehe

NyonyaChef said...

bsg,

Ya, I'll catch a running wild boar and you try eating the whole of it.

pigpigscorner said...

oh gosh...very adventurous.

tigerfish said...

Yuck!

J said...

Psstttt...
(whispers) I think I can be revived with a dose of Kerabu bihun and lobak,... washed down with cold beer. :) :)

NyonyaChef said...

pigpigscorner,

Adventurous !? Action only ! We do have fear when we picked up the bug !

tigerfish,

Close your eyes and imagine you are eating a prawn including the shell.

J,

Ya, Ya, your imagination is getting better...so, I will give you lobak & kerabu bihun in exchange for seeing you demonstrate how you slowly put the BUG thru your beautiful lips, licking it and gently chewing it...when you want to do it ? hehe

3 hungry tummies said...

The bugs are great!! :)

petite nyonya said...

I'll pass!! I'll stick to planting tapioca in my backyard. :)

NyonyaChef said...

3 hungry tummies,

Ya, they taste yummy too !

petite nyonya,

Haha,...Good ! In case there's bugs disturbing your tapioca,you know who to call.

Luiz Hara said...

Hi NyonyaChef,

Very amusing posting, and made me think how far I would "experiment" - I think i would have to draw a line on insects, i cannot believe they can taste good, possibly crunchy but not good!

Luiz @ The London Foodie

NyonyaChef said...

Hehe ! Fear factor ! I drew a line too, but when all the people in the room ate and they locked the door...dead end.

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

You should join Fear Factor. Confirmed sure win one.

NyonyaChef said...

Cannot ! cannot! say only like so brave, but the hair stand up lah when the thing was served