July 23, 2012

Confinement Food

Anybody about to give birth ?...Don't know what to cook ?...or eat ?

This is the simplest, traditional confinement dish to stir up and it's delicious..I tried it !!?? Erh..not that I have given birth !

It's for those on confinement, try this for a change !...Grandmother recipe !



Slowly charcoal toast or pan fry the Belachan and Salted Kurau (Threadfin) Fish. 


Then pound Galangal and mix with the Belachan. 

Sprinkle some freshly grated pepper.



Serve with hot steam rice. Done ! You can add some fresh turmeric to go with it.

Ingredients
1pc Salted Kurau (Threadfin) Fish
15g Belachan
50g Galangal
1/2tsp Freshly Grated Pepper 


5 comments:

labuan haven said...

lol!
So easy ah! Time to have more babies thank you!

NyonyaChef said...

Wa ! Houston we have a problem...

msbery said...

heh heh now with this recipe women can look forward to delicious nourishing food also. No need to suffer like before with ginger chicken for 31 days

NyonyaChef said...

Hehe,...I think they will still suffer for 30 days !

johnny said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
chinese confinement food