October 22, 2009

Fuzhou Red Wine

Dedicated to all the "Foo Chows"

I have a Foo Chow friend who taught me almost everything about their Fuzhou Red Wine,... the food,...the restaurants in Malaysia...an even on the recipes how to prepare their delicacy the...Ang Chiew Mee Suah.

I was fascinated to xplore more !...So check it out !

I was in China recently and I was given the opportunity to check out one of the thousand wine breweries. Before I reached the destination, I was taken for a ride almost a mile journey through many back lanes just like the one you see....imagine yourself like a rat running around in a maze...no ending.


...till I saw this shop ! So it's for real....small wooden shop selling all sorts of Chinese wine.


Hooo....check out the backyard ! Thousands of urns filled with Chinese wine.


The owner took me tour round his factory, showing me the wine brewery equipment and took me through the wine making process....cool !


Of course it' never complete without the wine tasting to demonstrate the quality of their wine. Arrggh....too strong, taste almost like kerosene.

Now, the moment you have been waiting for....


Glutinous rice+Red yeast rice+Yeast


Cook the glutinous rice and let it cool down. Grind the red yeast rice and the yeast till they become powder form.

Mixed all ingredients together....

Wait for the fermentation process to take place ! 3 to 4 weeks.

To be continue....need to go back to China to check it out !

Ingredients
1kg Glutinous Rice
150g Red Yeast Rice
10g Yeast
3cups Water

bsg: You need to be there...it's coming your way

6 comments:

wizsurf malaysia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
backStreetGluttons said...

omg ! Your fuzhou friends must be the Imperial Drunken Masters ! Can't wait for your return from the Emperor's Courts and the priceless wines

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

WOW, lucky you ... got a tour of the place. Apparently, it's quite a "pantang" process - must not have disturbances, distractions etc, or the wine will not turn out good. Did you get a free urn of wine? ;)

NyonyaChef said...

bsg,

Ya, my fuzhou is definitely a drunken masters of the ang chiew ! The Imperial wine should be ready next week.

The Little Teochew,

I was silent all the time...I did have a bottle of wine, you too can get a free one, if you do happen to pass this way...KL

Luiz Hara said...

Hi,

Lovely blog, i adore Nyonya cuisine, having tried it in Malacca and Singapore. I found out about your blog from Petit Nyonya. I will take my time reading your lovely posts... All the best.

Luiz @ The London Foodie

NyonyaChef said...

Thanks for dropping by, glad that you liked it. You should try nyonya cuisine in Penang,...better ! hehe