July 5, 2009

Nyonyachef Xplore foreign, exotic,...weird food

Beside travelling, cooking & eating....fixing up some snacks in between....I like to xplore some foreign food too.

As I was going through my kitchen,..to my surprise...this is what I found....LOST & FOUND in some corners of my kitchen...Mmmm....these are what I have in my kitchen....either foreign, exotic or....weird !???

What the....


Sausage from Holland ! Expiry date 27/07/09....! ? I wonder it's for who ?

I already have mine !....a foot long !



Can somebody come forward and claim this ?....foreign !

What else....?

I found 5 pieces of SeaHorse swimming in one corner of the cabinet !



...can't remember how they got there, when they got there too...?

SeaHorse from Guangzhou



Erhh....how to cook them ?....exotic !?



As I was going through my fridge.....



...found one pair of big huge thing stucked,...occupying one corner of my fridge !

It's written there a....PAIR OF BREAST !..What breast ?

Turkey from New York...? ok..so it's a pair of breast !

Tequila Lime marinated turkey breast...weird ?!....foreign ?!

This is definitely foreign to nyonyachef !

Next....



Fins from Xiamen, China ?....shark fins ? Looks more like "fei chow yee" or tilapia fins !

What am I going to do with it ? Weird !

It's getting weird....



Huh !.....looks like a piece of rotten wood



Crocodile meat from Bangkok....haha...exotic !



Looks like guni sack !

Tea from Brazil ? Fill up the tea in the mug, add hot water & use the metal straw to drink !

Seems like anyone in Brazil carries that on the road side slurping away....like us with a cup of coffeebean walking down the street.....Foreign ?

Product of Malaysia


They claimed this is the artificial abalone 1/3 the price of the real thing....but in other country ie...HK, they are charging a premium price for it. Time to come this is going to be an expensive food.

Seek out...enjoy while we can !

....foreign What's this ?



Honey..my dear ?



Cooking oil ?!!...Nah....home made roast pork oil...lard ?...the remaining of it !

Cool...Exotic ?...Weird ?...or foreign ?..,but it's tasty


Some of the high prestige chinese restaurant is using the pork oil to garnish the steam rice.



MOSI BEER.....!

When & How...the heck this got to my kitchen ?!



Local beer from Zambia....foreign ! Mmm...Zambia produces beer ?

What else is new ?




Caviar !...my favorite....all the way from Russia

The highest rank of caviar rated in the world...."Sturia Caviar"

You will be paying approximately €85 per can !...The most exclusive stuff !....foreign !

Well, this is what I have in my kitchen...glutton or not...tell me how to dispose all this...

2 comments:

backStreetGluttons said...

Now that you have re-discoverd yourself ( err you kitchen lah ), should you rcename yourself as the World Weird Chef( WWC )?

We can help you to launch this
sure to fly one Recipe Site to the bored & hungry world !
Starting July 13 2009

NyonyaChef said...

Wah...good suggestion...Weirdchef!